Friday, April 20, 2012

We have arrived in Novoukrainka after a very interesting drive (that is, we took a short cut that turned out to be an unpaved road....more to come!).  Our hotel has no hot water and the water has very little pressure.  It took me 5 minutes to rinse the shampoo out of my hair (and remember the water was freezing).  We had a cozy dinner with Luidmyla and her husband Oleg at their home.  Oleg has bees and served us raw, fresh honey!  What kind, hospitable people!  I instantly felt at home and Luidmyla even let me help fix our meal with her in her tiny galley kitchen.


Today we were at Luidmyla's (and Oleg's) school.  Because the internet is so sketchy (we talked the librarian into letting us in to use the only reliable internet in town), my posts will be few and far between.  I will do my best!


The 'shortcut' to Novoukrainka!

Luydmila's 11th Form English class.  Luydmila is in the lower right and Bob (my teaching partner) is back and center.

Tomorrow we take the train to Odessa (at 4 a.m.).  Hopefully I'll be able to post something tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment